Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pride and Vanity

I want you to know…
There are times you leave me in a quandry
Times when I realize you need more than me
And at those times I cannot explain the unease
The wire-bound tightness in my chest;
The tears of dull-toned hurt that fail to flow;
And the choking breaths that barely escape…
The beating mass in the centre of me,
That pump made of muscle so strong
Is in truth just weak…
The persistent flutters as it yearns too much
To be all that you want, the one thing you need?
That my friend is just pride and vanity

4 comments:

jaacostan said...

better :)

Loshini said...

hahahaa.... are you complimenting my rhyming sense?? :P

jaacostan said...

no no...hehe.... seeing more poetry works these days.... attempting to rhyme... :)

Loshini said...

jaacostan: hehee.. am glad i have you entertained and thank you :)