Saturday, March 20, 2010

Calm Waters

As opposed to Alexandria, these waters exuded a sense of calm when we 'met' them. And at the risk of sounding biased, I enjoy these pictures more than Alexandria. The emotions one feels when looking at them are less like that of a rampaging boar's ;)
This is a shot of the Red Sea, that time we visited Egypt. It was taken right before we went snorkelling. I love the different shades of blue, showing the different depths and the possibility of corals. It was also the only time I've seen dolphins, albeit from far, but I DID see them nonetheless. 


And this is of the Nile, the marshy parts of it. I posted a similar picture here.

Another of the Nile, my favourite one by far. This shot was taken mere moments before the previous picture.
 
My last picture on Egyptian waters, ok? :) This is a shot out of a window of the hotel we stayed in, in Cairo. Reminded me of a jetty at home except that our port cities don't usually have such tall buildings that are visible here  in the background.

This is the beachside in Evpatoria, also bordering on the Black Sea which I mentioned when I talked about the Bear Mountain (Medved Gara). We went here for a weekend two years back - I think. Look closely enough and you might spot a ship on the far horizon. Oh, and the water was freezing!! (Maybe that was because we went there towards the ending of autumn, being the heroes that we are :p)


And this deep blue is of my home. It's off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia. The convoy of fishing boats you can see is a norm. The fishermen go out together for safety from the weather, and pirates... Aaarrr! :)
except real life pirates aren't this cute :)

8 comments:

Janith said...

Wow, that first image is just amazing! I guess they call that colour 'Azure'? :D Do you have any pictures of the dolphins? The Nile has dolphins as well, yeah?

I loved the Sun and the Nile pictures as well! The second one is lovely! :D

P.s. I did not know that you guys had pirates! :O I hope it's not a serious issue... :S

Loshini said...

Azure. Nice way to describe it, Chavie :)

No pictures of the dolpins, sorry! We were too busy hanging out of the boat to even think of cameras!

Am glad you liked the pictures :D

Pirates in the south china sea (off the east coast) is pretty big in my place. We're trying to crack down on it but maritime patrol's pretty difficult from what I've heard.

rainfield61 said...

Nile was where our civilisation started.
You must have seen many of our ancestors. Had they talked to you?

Sankara Subramanian said...

Brilliant pictures esp that of the Red Sea. It is one of the best diving sites in the world and on my travel list.

Thank you for sharing the images with us.

Sankara
http://www.beontheroad.com

Me-shak said...

I love the pictures of the Nile, especially how the sun is reflecting the water and the ripples the Nile has made!

Excellent stuff Losh!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I love the blue! :)

Kirigalpoththa said...

Fantastic pictures!! You should do photo snapping more often.. :)

First two are simply gorgeous!

Loshini said...

Rainfield:
The Nile is a special place, I agree. I wish I could speak to our ancestors there. What stories they might tell.. ;)

sankara:
Thank you :) Thanks for dropping by and I'd never been snorkelling in such deep waters before the red sea. It was an incredible experience.. you should definitely go there!

Me-shak:
Mother Nature's superb, isn't she? :D

Mei Teng:
Me too :D

K:
I like the first two too for the memories that they hold. Coming from you that is a compliment indeed :) Thanks for dropping by!